Introduction to Cartography: Get to Know Me!

Hello Cartography Class! 

My name is Nathan Berger and I am a student here at UWF in the online masters program in GIS. 

I currently live in the state of Georgia, and I work as a Geospatial Intelligence Analyst in the U.S. Navy Reserve, as well as a GIS Crime Analyst at the Athens Clarke County Police Department. 

I love learning about GIS and ways to solve complex problems to support the national defense of our country, as well as benefit the safety and security of our local community. I would consider myself a mid-level analyst, with very basic programming skills. I love teamwork and helping others in collaboration. Feel free to reach out to me on the e-learning discussion board. You can also email me at anytime.

I hope to learn a lot about dot density mapping , 3D analysis, web applications, managing dashboards, Python programing, etc. in this program. I also would love to learn more advanced remote sensing techniques to improve my imagery skill sets. The biggest takeaway would be learning new types of GIS analysis that I can apply to my current day to day tasks with the police department. I also want to network with everyone as we might be working together in the years to come. 

I really enjoy watching epic nerd movies and binging Netflix with my wife. We are huge UGA football fans, and will not miss a game when it is football season. I enjoy video games, hiking, bonfires, barbequing, and spending time with family. I do not have kids but I do have four Fur Babies (depicted below). 

                                 

Follow the link below to view my story map for more information 😁:

https://arcg.is/br8LH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIN's vs. DEM's: 3D Elevation Models In Arc GIS Pro

Bobwhite-Manatee Project: Intro to GIS 11418 GIS5050 Final Project

Isarithmic Mapping: Annual Rainfall in Washington